COVID-19 Update – Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
July 8, 2020 Uncategorised
Following on from the latest announcement from our Premier, Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire will be going into a reimposed lockdown coming into effect at 11:59pm on the 8th July, for a period of 6 weeks.
As we enter a time of concern, ambiguity and uncertainty around the Coronavirus, we want to take this opportunity to inform you that we are actively doing everything we can to protect the wellbeing and safety of our customers and our staff during the outbreak of this pandemic.
The situation is so dynamic that each day brings a new development, and while our business is in full operation, we are being proactive, pre-emptive, and thorough in our approach. The safety of our community, our customers, and their families is always paramount.
Stage 3 restrictions once again apply for residents within Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire.
Under the stage 3 restrictions there are only four reasons you may leave you home:
- Work / Study
- Exercise within Metropolitan Melbourne area
- Shopping for groceries
- Caregiving/ receiving care
What does this mean for you?
When the residential property for sale or lease is located in a restricted area:
– All inspections are to be held by private appointment only. Our strict registration process for one-on-one inspections will be reimposed.
– Traditional auctions in a restricted area can no longer be held, online auctions are allowed and encouraged. please click HERE to view our step-by-step process for online bidders
– We will be utilising virtual inspections and property video tours to ensure maximum exposure of the property.
When the residential property for sale or lease is located in Regional Victoria (not restricted):
– Inspections are permitted to continue with a limit of 20 people, however, if a potential buyer/ tenant resides within a restricted area they must not attend the inspection.
– Auctions are permitted to continue with the current guidelines with a limit of 20 people.
– Residents of restricted areas may also inspect a property in a non-restricted area, but only by private appointment.
We have adapted before and we can adapt again. With technology, innovative solutions and a team of property professionals committed to serving our customers we can continue to meet all your real estate needs during this time.
Australians immense focus on property has only continued to increase during this period, showing that buyers, sellers, investors, and tenants are actively looking to make their next move in their property journey. In May alone, a record high audience of 11.9 million Australians visited realestate.com.au. In addition to this, total visits to realestate.com.au hit a record high in May with 109 million visits, marking a 35% increase year-on-year. For over 164 years we have been finding ways to match houses to families and now is no different.
Please reach out and call us to discuss alternative virtual meeting arrangements and take advantage of exceptional, one-on-one service during this unprecedented time.