Our step-by-step process for online bidders
Posted by Rebekah Hutton on Mon, Apr 2020
We’ve been matching up families to homes for over 164 years and now is no different. We’re excited to be at the forefront of technology, pioneering and embarking on alternative ways to serve our customers during this time.
Be a part of the same exceptional Hodges auction experience from the comfort of your own home. At a difficult time, we’ve made it easier than ever to purchase property.
We have transitioned to a simplistic, reliable, secure, and innovative way of hosting online auctions.
Please find below the step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process for online bidding…
- Your Hodges Agent will send you an email containing all the online auction details including:
- Property details.
- Date and time of the auction.
- A reminder that you are required to have an EFT daily limit of minimum $5,000. This will allow you to pay the immediate $5,000 deposit to secure your purchase if you are the winning bidder.
- The auction terms and conditions you will need to be aware of.
- A link to the bidder registration page that you will be required to complete prior to bidding. This link will expire 15 minutes before the start of the auction time. We recommend registering immediately upon receiving this email to avoid missing out.
- Upon registering all of the people involved in the potential purchase will need to provide proof of identification to your Hodges Agent and assign yourself a paddle number (you can choose whatever number you want providing it is still available).
- Once you have successfully completed your registration, you will receive another email with the link to the online auction room which allows you to join at the time of the auction. We suggest you log into the auction room 10 minutes prior to it commencing. This will allow you enough time to test your internet connection and speakers.
- Upon joining the auction room, enter your initials and paddle number so your identity remains private from the other bidders.
- Throughout the duration of the auction, the Auctioneer will provide clear communication and interact with bidders as you would normally expect during a traditional property auction. Please keep in mind it may be more slow-paced than usual to ensure the process is as fair as possible for everyone involved and allowing you to keep up with the submitted bids as the auction progresses.
- At the time you wish to make a bid, call out your paddle number.
- The current highest bid will be visible on the online auction screen at all times.
- If you are the winning bidder, congratulations! You will be required to remain in the auction room so we can finalise the details of the contract, sign the contract online, and transfer the deposit to secure your new home.
- If you have been unsuccessful, we request that you now leave the auction room. Please ensure you speak with your Hodges Agent as we have many other similar properties available that suit your needs.
- We recommend you test your video and audio prior to the auction start time to ensure you can communicate effectively and your bids can be made clearly.
- Download Microsoft teams on your smart phone, even if you intend to log in via your computer. You never know when you may experience technical issues. Having your smartphone app ready is a fantastic back-up plan to ensure you don’t miss out on securing the property.
- Ensure you’re in a quiet space free from distraction or disruption. It’s essential that you can hear the Auctioneer clearly and the individuals in the auction room can hear your bids.
- Sometimes your mobile phone and other electronic devices can obstruct with your computers sound quality causing interference. We recommend putting your phone on silent for the duration of the auction.
- Relax and enjoy the process. You’re one step closer to purchasing your new home.
We understand this is an unfamiliar and maybe even a daunting process, so please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to guide you through this process, alleviate any stress, and ensure you have an exceptional experience with Hodges Real Estate.