Motivated, driven, professional individual? You get more with Hodges!
Our team members know that getting the best result for our clients is what creates our fantastic reputation. Our business focuses on forging great relationships with our clients. We have a team of highly motivated and results-driven communicators who come from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Real Estate is a perfect industry for those looking for a career change or a more flexible occupation. Many professionals look to a career at Hodges Real Estate as an opportunity to meet people from all stages of life, enhance their communication skills and to make people’s dreams come true.
Whether you’re a teacher, financial advisor, or even from a corporate human resources background, you have a great deal of experience that makes considering a career in real estate a reality for you. With a range of benefits and incentives, our staff love working with us because they are continually motivated by new challenges and experiences.
If you would like to join the team or find out more about the benefits of working with Hodges, feel free to throw us a line through the form below.
Administration Career Information
There are several administration-based career paths in real estate, including:
Receptionist. Often known as the “Director of first impressions”, receptionists need to be expert jugglers. You’ll be answering the phones as you talk to people who have just walked in off the street wanting to inspect homes, you’ll be the first point of call for someone who has a problem, you’ll be following up solicitors for documentation, talking to suppliers about orders as well as handling all the front office duties like mail, filing and booking/maintaining meeting room/s. It’s a role that requires a “can do” attitude, warm personality and first class customer service.
Sales Support. You’ll be liaising with vendors (the people who are selling their properties) and buyers, ensuring that all the relevant paper work is done for every property, checking files are completed, as well as being the right hand for one or many very busy, very demanding sales people. This role requires strong organisation and time management, attention to detail and excellent people skills.
Accounting. The role of a bookkeeper or accountant in real estate is the same as it is in any industry. There are accounts and salaries to be processed and paid, records to be kept and there are financial returns to be prepared. And then there’s trust accounting… Real estate agencies receive large amounts of money as bonds, deposits etc and this money must be meticulously handled. This is a role that requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Marketing. No one is going to buy a property that they don’t know is for sale. That’s where marketing comes in. It can involve preparing window posters, boards, creating advertisements for local papers and property magazines, organising photography, placing the property details on the internet, organising letterbox drops, writing editorials. It’s a role that requires creativity and organisation.
Sales Career Information
Minimum of one year plus experience (Ideally)
Hold a current Agents Representative Certificate
Hold a current Driver’s Licence and a reliable vehicle
Strong ability to build relationships, coupled with excellent presentation and communication skills
Excellent communication skills,
Type of tasks:
Appraisal and Listing Property
Conducting Open for Inspections
Proactively sell, negotiate and close a residential property
Organising Building inspections & photo shoots
Interaction with vendors & buyers
Agents Representative Certificate, be 18 years of age and provide a current police check.
Property Management Career Information
If you’re thinking of becoming a property manager, you will need a good sense of organisation, time management, dedication and customer service.
The types of tasks:
Conducting routine inspections
Communicate with landlords and tenants regularly to ensure smooth communication
Rental arears, reviews and lease renewals.
Organising property repairs and maintenance
Developing and maintaining client relationships with tenants, landlord and tradespeople
Building both yours and your office’s profile to help grow the business
Effective communication skills
Exceptional time management skils
Work effectively in a very busy environment with deadlines to meet.
Strong attention to details
Current Agents Representative Certificate. 18 years of age and provide a current recent police check
- Register Interest
3 Current Positions
Hodges Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will oversee and manage the direction and implementation of the Hodges Marketing and Communications strategy for the wider Hodges network. This will include marketing over a variety of mediums, communications, content creation and advertising, ensuring consistency and high quality at every interaction with the Hodges brand. You will thrive on multi-tasking in a friendly, creative and client focused environment. Your verbal and written communication skills will be second to none, allowing you to execute high quality content across various communication channels. You will have a continuous improvement and customer focus, ensuring maximum impact for our target audiences, and a proven ability to develop strong relationships, which enable you to deliver outcomes. This is a varied, hands on role with the focus on helping to bring about brand awareness and leading to new business!
- Responsible for producing the Hodges communication strategy (blog, news, CEO message, property reports)
- Lead internal communications
- Ideation of campaign content
- Social media
- Responsible for the corporate social media strategy including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube.
- Manage third party marketing agencies through implementing corporate campaigns.
- Produce monthly social media calendar
- Responsible for ensuring our social media presence adheres to all branding guidelines
- Oversee the Hodges website working closely with the web developers to identify updates and make changes.
- Manage public relations and media opportunities
- Event coordination and management of sponsorship
- Development and coordination of promotional activities such as flyers, templates, seasonal campaigns, brochures, newspaper advertisements, signage and gifts
- Local area marketing
- – Assisting offices with events in their local community to leverage the brand.
- Responsible for new office opening marketing launch
- Responsible for the stock and suite of Hodges merchandise
- Seasonal marketing
- – Christmas cards, calendars, seasonal promotions, seasonal graphics etc.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related discipline
- 5+ years in a marketing or communications role
- Confident in both paid and organic social media
- Strong copywriting skills
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Email marketing experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-driven and able to work independently delivering strong outcomes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adobe Suite experience, preferable but not essential
- Real Estate or experience working within a franchise
Senior Sales Consultant – Hodges Werribee
We are seeking a professional sales consultant who can impress and apply their proven business nous. With unlimited earning potential and the opportunity to make the job your own, you will be rewarded with an excellent commission structure, flexible working hours and the freedom to apply your business savvy to a new and exciting role.
Applicants must possess impeccable professional and personal standards, be highly motivated and have strong communications skills.
You must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and excellent personal presentation. You must also possess a current Agents Representative Certificate and driver’s license.
All applications will be dealt with strict confidentiality.
Apply via Seek
The team at Hodges Caulfield are looking for an enthusiastic Property Consultant to join their dynamic team.
- Prospecting for new business;
- Achieve weekly KPI’s as determined by Hodges;
- Generate an amount of gross income as set out in the budget;
- Build a business pipeline by maintaining an up to date database on the company database system;
- List, manage and sell properties;
- Ensure a high level of customer service to both Vendors and Purchasers is provided at all times;
- Liaise with prospective Vendors for appraisals in order to create listings and Purchasers to create sales;
- Conduct open for inspections;
- Conduct inspections by appointment;
- Attend auctions;
- Process sales documentation;
- Prepare and oversee marketing campaigns;
- Recruit sold properties for the rent roll.
- Ensure Box and Dice is updated at all times.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Undertake any other task or duty as requested by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role and an Agents Representative Certificate.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a great team!
To apply, please contact Golan Flamm on 0410 469 876