Hodges Real Estate employs over 170 people across 13 offices and has been the Bayside Expert since 1856.
Our team members know that getting the best result for our clients is what creates our fantastic reputation. Our business focuses on forging great relationships with our clients. We have a team of highly motivated and results-driven communicators who come from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Real Estate is a perfect industry for those looking for a career change or a more flexible occupation. Many professionals look to a career at Hodges Real Estate as an opportunity to meet people from all stages of life, enhance their communication skills and to make people’s dreams come true.
Whether you’re a teacher, financial advisor, or even from a corporate human resources background, you have a great deal of experience that makes considering a career in real estate a reality for you. With a range of benefits and incentives, our staff love working with us because they are continually motivated by new challenges and experiences.
If you would like to join the team or find out more about the benefits of working with Hodges, feel free to throw us a line through the form below.
- Administration Career Information
There are several administration-based career paths in real estate, including:
Receptionist. Often known as the “Director of first impressions”, receptionists need to be expert jugglers. You’ll be answering the phones as you talk to people who have just walked in off the street wanting to inspect homes, you’ll be the first point of call for someone who has a problem, you’ll be following up solicitors for documentation, talking to suppliers about orders as well as handling all the front office duties like mail, filing and booking/maintaining meeting room/s. It’s a role that requires a “can do” attitude, warm personality and first class customer service.
Sales Support. You’ll be liaising with vendors (the people who are selling their properties) and buyers, ensuring that all the relevant paper work is done for every property, checking files are completed, as well as being the right hand for one or many very busy, very demanding sales people. This role requires strong organisation and time management, attention to detail and excellent people skills.
Accounting. The role of a bookkeeper or accountant in real estate is the same as it is in any industry. There are accounts and salaries to be processed and paid, records to be kept and there are financial returns to be prepared. And then there’s trust accounting… Real estate agencies receive large amounts of money as bonds, deposits etc and this money must be meticulously handled. This is a role that requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Marketing. No one is going to buy a property that they don’t know is for sale. That’s where marketing comes in. It can involve preparing window posters, boards, creating advertisements for local papers and property magazines, organising photography, placing the property details on the internet, organising letterbox drops, writing editorials. It’s a role that requires creativity and organisation.
- Sales Career Information
Minimum of one year plus experience (Ideally)
Hold a current Agents Representative Certificate
Hold a current Driver’s Licence and a reliable vehicle
Strong ability to build relationships, coupled with excellent presentation and communication skills
Excellent communication skills,
Type of tasks:
Appraisal and Listing Property
Conducting Open for Inspections
Proactively sell, negotiate and close a residential property
Organising Building inspections & photo shoots
Interaction with vendors & buyers
Agents Representative Certificate, be 18 years of age and provide a current police check.
- Property Management Career Information
If you’re thinking of becoming a property manager, you will need a good sense of organisation, time management, dedication and customer service.
The types of tasks:
Conducting routine inspections
Communicate with landlords and tenants regularly to ensure smooth communication
Rental arears, reviews and lease renewals.
Organising property repairs and maintenance
Developing and maintaining client relationships with tenants, landlord and tradespeople
Building both yours and your office’s profile to help grow the business
Effective communication skills
Exceptional time management skils
Work effectively in a very busy environment with deadlines to meet.
Strong attention to details
Current Agents Representative Certificate. 18 years of age and provide a current recent police check
- Register Interest
- 3 Current Positions
Sales – Personal Assistant
One of Hodges very successful agents from our Sandringham office is seeking a Personal Assistant to join his team. You will be an integral part of a dynamic sales team that prides itself on delivering outstanding service to their clients.
We are looking for a highly capable candidate who has a passion for the industry and who is looking for a long-term career as a Real Estate Personal Assistant.
You will have:
- Be available to work flexible hours including Saturdays
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Strong Administration skills, computer literate
- The ability to learn systems and procedures
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Knowledge of the Bayside area (preferred)
- A current Agent’s Representative Certificate
- A current Victorian Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Duties will include:
- Diary Management and Database Management
- Buyer Matching / Buyer call backs
- Vendor Liaising
- Preparation of Marketing Campaigns and Vendor appraisal documentation
- Attending Vendor meetings, Open for Inspections and Auctions
If you can tick most of the boxes, we would love to hear from you.
Please send all resumes to HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kimberley Clemm 0409532251 if you require further information.
Experienced Property Manager
We are a well established brand in the Bayside area and are in need of an experienced Property Manager to join our dynamic team. You will manage a well maintained portfolio of properties. We offer a great team culture, encourage a good work-life balance and provide on-going training.
If you are highly organised, have excellent customer service and communication skills, a good work ethic and a positive attitude we would like to talk to you.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Routine inspections,
- Condition reports
- Repairs and maintenance,
- Bond applications and claims
- Rent Arrears.
- VCAT preparation and hearings
You will ideally:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Hold a current Agent’s Representative Certificate
- Have a current Victorian Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Console (essential)
- Knowledge of the Bayside area
To Apply: Please contact – HR Manager Kimberley Clemm via email email@example.com or 0409532251
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Outstanding Sales Consultants
- Are you a hardworking, enthusiastic business person with an excellent track record in sales?
- Do you have experience owning a small business, but are wanting to move into a Real Estate Sales position?
- Are you a Real Estate Agent looking for a new, exciting & challenging opportunity?
If you answered yes to any of the above, we want you to join our Sales team!
We are one of Melbourne’s oldest real estate agencies with an unmatched wealth of accrued expertise and local market knowledge in the communities where we operate. We have over 12 offices and more than 170 highly motivated and results-driven employees, each passionate about what they do, their local area and the success of their clients.
With a record breaking year, our office’s have seen rapid growth and we are now in need of Sales Consultant’s in Residential Sales.
We are looking for an experienced sales consultant, small business owner or established Real Estate agent to help us continue to provide the best in Real Estate services that we are known for delivering.
As a salesperson within our team you will be responsible for:
- Prospecting leads and opportunities
- Drafting proposals and letters
- Maintain, manage and grow a database of clients
- An ability to convert client presentations into exclusive office listings
- Conduct open inspections for homes listed for sale
You must possess:
- Successful sales track record
- Proven history of building strong relationships with clients
- Local Knowledge of area
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- A resilient and enthusiastic self-starter with self-motivation
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- A Certificate IV in Property (Real Estate) OR Agents Representative Certificate
- A current Driver’s License
- Sound judgement, enormous energy, enthusiasm and integrity a must
If this sounds like you or you would like more information, please send your resume to HR & Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 03 9559 0209